M-1 is an aluminum mold plate designed and developed specifically for the plastic and molding industries.It is an extrordinairily dense, dimensionally stable, high strength aluminum plate created especially for the growing high-temperature plastic and mold industries. M-1 lowers production costs through machinability advantages.
M-1 product features and benefits:
- Density – A tight grain structure ensures that there is no porosity.
- Stability – Unlike wrought alloys, the M-1 remains dimensionally stable during machining.
- Hardness– High brinell hardness throughout the plate
- Cost Effective – More cost effective than tool steel or wrought aluminum molds.
- Weldable – It’s high mechanical properties make the M-1 more weldable without any additional heat treatment, unlike wrought alloys.
- Machinable – M-1 is more machinable than other aluminum products with consistant hardness throughout the entire plate.
- Anodizable – M-1 can be hardcoat anodized or nickel coated.
M-1 can be used for a variety of applications:
- Injection Molding – M-1 aluminum is used for mold applications where 1 to 12 cavities are required. M-1 has a faster cool-down rate, therefore increasing productivity and reducing overall costs.
- Blow Molding – M-1 can be used for blow molding because of its high Brinell hardness.
- Structural Foam Molding – M-1 is made perfectly for structural foam molding due to its high dimensional stability.
- R.I.M. Molding – The high thermal fatigue properties of M-1 aluminum mold plate make it the top choice for R.I.M molding.
- R.T.M. Molding – M-1 is good for R.T.M. molds because of its versatile combination of weldability, polishability, hardness, and thermal fatigue resistance.
- Rubber Molds – The dense structure of the M-1 aluminum make it a great choice for rubber molds.